On Monday I told you all about my new and (hopefully) improved budgeting plan. I am hoping this additional transparency will be a good thing and can help me stay on track with my financial goals in 2015. I had some lofty goals set for 2014 and unfortunately, I didn’t meet hardly any of them. Here is a list of my 2014 goals and how I ended up:
- Increase savings account to $1,000 – FAIL! I’m about halfway to this goal.
- Demolish $7,500 worth of debt – FAIL! I had some unexpected setbacks and I let my spending get out of control.
- NO OVERDRAFT FEES! They are just dumb and if I’m following the budget I’ve laid out they should not occur. – SUCCESS!
- Clear out clutter. – ??? I’m not sure how I did because this goal was hard to define. I still need to get rid of some more stuff.
- Continue going to Crossfit 3x/week – SUCCESS! I did this almost every week for the whole year. I’ll call that a success.
- Paleo 80/20 and eat down my non-Paleo food stores without replacement – FAIL! I quit tracking this goal early in the year.
- Loose weight and continue to tone-up – FAIL! I didn’t lose much weight at all, but I have gotten stronger.
- Continue to NOT chew my fingernails – SUCCESS! I don’t bite my nails anymore.
- More books, shoes and clothes out of my horde than new ones coming in – SEMI-SUCCESS! I did get rid of a few books, but I also got a couple from my brother for Christmas last week. I got rid of some clothes and shoes and didn’t bring in too many more.
- Read 52 books in 2014, that averages to 1/week – FAIL! I got busy and this just wasn’t a huge priority for me. I still like to read, but I don’t want to feel like I have a quota to meet.
- Find areas to scale back involvement so I have more free time at home – SUCCESS-ISH? I recently quit one of my side hustles (cleaning), but now I spend time at home working online. (At least I enjoy my online work, so that’s an improvement right?!)
- Spend more time with family, friends and my pets! – SUCCESS-ISH! I don’t feel too bad about this, but I need to make more time to spend with my brother when he’s in town. Hopefully 2015 will be better since he’ll be done with school in May and will be moving back to our hometown. (He already has a job lined up.)
Looking back, I had way too many goals in 2014 and I was obviously delusional when I set my sites that high, haha. 🙂
For 2015, I’d like to have a more focused approach to my goals and I’m going to set them at a much lower and attainable level. My hope is that if I meet my goals pretty early in the year I can adjust them upward to continue challenging myself throughout the year.
Here are my 2015 goals:
- Increase emergency fund savings account to $1,500.
- Demolish $5,000 worth of debt (principal). This works out to $416.67/month. ($5,000 goal includes mortgage debt pay down.)
- This also includes paying off my 0% interest promotion for my computer by October 2015.
- Paint and prep home office by April 13. (My birthday!) MUST BE USABLE BY THIS TIME!
- Attend FinCon15 and pay for everything in cash!
- Quit my full-time job by December 31,2015 to freelance full-time. (I may pick up some additional hours at my part-time job to help make ends meet for a while.)
- Limit spending on clothing, shoes, and accessories to $500 for the whole year!
- Get rid of more books throughout the year than I get.
What are your 2015 goals?
Latest posts by Kayla (see all)
- Online Income: $10,998 in March 2017 + The Budding Boss Resource Center - April 24, 2017
- 5 Things You Can Do to Pay Off Debt Faster - April 10, 2017
- March 2017 Budget and Debt Results - April 4, 2017