Hi all! I hope you had a great weekend. I sure did, though I might have broken my shopping ban already! (Depends on how you look at it I guess…)
On Friday was the 3rd Annual Crossfit Halloween Party at my local “box”. I went last year as a flapper and I spent close to $50 on my costume. In order to save money, I decided I would skip the party this year. But, I kept being asked if I was going and so at the absolute last-minute, I decided I’d go to the party after all. The only problem was I didn’t have a costume lined up, and costumes were required to attend the party.
So, after googling “last-minute Halloween costume ideas”, I came up with this:
In case you don’t know, it’s from one of my fave movies “Mean Girls”. I already had black heels, a purple bra, and a black skirt. The only things I had to acquire to complete my look were the blonde wig and a tank top (which I cut holes in). Here’s how my costume turned out:
Not perfect, but pretty good for only $6.47!
Anyhow, on to the list of clothing and accessory items I’m actually allowed to buy during my shopping ban.
- 3 Sports Bras – I need some new ones as my old ones are over 2 years old. They break down over time and it’s not a pretty sight when we do a lot of jumping… 🙂 I decided on 3 because I usually work out 3x/week and I do laundry every Saturday or Sunday, so 3 should get me through a week’s worth of workouts. This will be a 1 in 1 out purchase. (FYI – I already bought 2 of them this weekend, so I will only be buying 1 more for a total of 3.)
- 3-4 Regular Bras – Again, the ones I currently own are over 2 years old. Plus, I have lost some weight since then, so I need to be measured for new ones that fit properly.
- 1 Pair Workout Pants and 1 Pair Workout Capris – I am in need of one more pair of workout capris and one pair of workout pants. These just wear out over time and I don’t want to moon people with my old ones once they become see-through, haha.
- 1 Navy Jacker/Blazer – This would really complete a ton of outfits in my closet. I don’t want to spend more than about $40 max for this item though.
- 1 Pair Jeans – This is a maybe. A lot of my jeans are worn out. Other than the pair I just bought this month, I haven’t bought new jeans since 2012.
- 1 Pair Everyday Tennis Shoes – I usually buy 1 pair of tennis shoes/year for everyday use (this is in addition to the workout shoes I usually buy every 9-10 months). Once I get the new ones, I will downgrade my current pair to be “chore/work” shoes and throw my current “chore/work” shoes away.
- Jewelry from my party last week – As mentioned, I had already agreed (last year) to host a jewelry party. The party was last week and I will have to pay for a bit of tax and shipping to get my “free” jewelry. Other than this, I will not be buying any jewelry during the shopping ban.
Other than the items listed above, I will not be buying any clothing, shoes, or accessories during my shopping ban. The only other exception I will make is if something wears out or no longer fits during the ban (but I don’t anticipate that happening). If that does occur, I will post about it here before it happens and ask your opinion. (Thanks for the idea Michelle!)
Do you think my list of acceptable purchases is reasonable?